Copyright and License
- Geochemical Perspectives Letters is published by the European Association of Geochemistry (EAG) and is protected under copyright by EAG.
- Authors retain copyright of their article and grant EAG an exclusive license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display or store the material in all formats and all media.
- All articles are Open Access therefore freely available to any user. Authors may choose to distribute the article under EAG Standard License or under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (CC BY 4.0).
- Articles distributed under Creative Commons License will display the Creative Commons logo.
Unless the logo is displayed, articles are distributed under the EAG Standard License.
- Articles distributed under EAG Standard License The following terms and conditions apply to their use: no part of this publication may be reproduced, translated to another language, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, graphic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior written permission from the publisher.
- Articles distributed under Creative Commons License Articles distributed under Creative Commons License will display the Creative Commons logo. Unless the logo is displayed, articles are distributed under the EAG Standard License.
To seek permission to reproduce material from Geochemical Perspectives Letters, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- your details: name, title and institution
- content you wish to use: article title, author's name, volume number, issue number, figure number or portion of text
- intended use: title of new work, authors, type of work where the Geochemical
Perspectives Letters material will be published (journal, book, poster etc), publication title, publication website and publisher.
Note for Authors: since copyright of articles remains with the authors, they may, without EAG permission, reproduce the material (in whole or in part) originally published by EAG for non-commercial purposes, provided that they acknowledge and reference the original EAG publication (proper form of acknowledgement can be found under ‘Cite as’ in each article). They should refer to the license for details on terms and conditions.
Under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (CC BY 4.0), anyone is free to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially) under the condition that:
- appropriate credit is given to the original author and publication — proper form of acknowledgement can be found under ‘Cite as’ in each article
- a mention is included if changes were made to the original material
- a link to the license is provided
Therefore there is no need for the publisher to give permission to reproduce articles or material within the articles however we strongly recommend contacting the author to inform him/her about reproduction of the work.